- The education tax credit is expanded to include private school tuition and tuition to early childhood programs. The income eligibility ceiling for the credit is increased and indexed to inflation.
- An income tax credit of up to $2,500 is provided to a teacher who achieves a master's degree in their area of licensure. Credit could be claimed in the year in which the candidate achieves their degree and could only be claimed once.
- Limits capital levy elections to November of each year. Only operation levies held in districts in statutory operating debt could be held in a month other than November.
- Operating referendum question language would have to contain a amounts levied by board through the local option levy and the $300/PU board-approved referendum.
- Provides credit of 50% of taxes paid on agricultural property for debt service.
HF 844 (back to the E-12 funding bill) will be in the House Ways and Means Committee tomorrow. There will likely be very little testimony with discussion centering around the size of the budget target and little else. It is unclear when the Senate bill will be heard in Senate Finance and the Senate Tax Committee.