Sunday, March 11, 2018

Mr. DeMille, I'm Ready for my Close-Up.  Ran into a fellow congregant this morning in church and they said "Hey, I saw you on television."  Sure enough, KSTP/KSTC put a snippet of my testimony on HF 3320--Representative Loon's bill that would expand the eligible uses of Long Term Facilities Maintenance Revenue to include school safety upgrades-- on their Tuesday evening (March 6) newscast.  I couple more "be-deep, be-deeps" and I would have done a pretty good a pretty good Porky Pig imitation.  Anyway:  Lights, camera, action!  Here is a link to the video.

Video:  Dayton Readies Plan to Fund School Safety Improvements

The Value of Civics.  Whatever side of the gun debate one is one, I thought this story from the left-leaning The Washington Monthly (which is pretty anti-gun) provides a pretty good example of how the teaching of civics can help people engage the political sphere effectively.  Interesting viewpoint.

Link:  Why are Parkland Students So Articulate? Because They Were Taught Civics in Middle School


No comments: