Monday, February 25, 2008

And the Bell has Rung! I'm posting this from my January through May "home away from home" in Room 315 of the State Capitol (I'm still trying to figure out why I can't get a homestead credit) and the discussion on the override of the Governor's veto of the transportation funding bill is underway. So far, it looks something like this.


Instead of fists flying, it's been rhetorical jabs and verbal uppercuts, but, at this point, both fighters are still standing and it looks like the fight will go the full 15 rounds. We're still in single figures on the speech count (which makes me wish that "rounds" of this type only lasted three minutes), so we are probably going to be here for a bit (he said sarcastically) longer. I should have more information as the day goes on and I will fill you in on the final results.

No comments: