- A target of over $600 million.
- 2% in each year on the general education basic formula.
- Assistance with the projected deficit in the teachers' retirement fund with funding coming from outside the basic formula.
- $40 million for an increase in the special education formula.
- Increase in debt service equalization that will be carried in the tax bill.
House (Thursday, February 9)
House (Monday, February 13)
Senate (Thursday, February 9)
Senate (Monday, February 13)
Before I Leave. Here's an article from a recent web update from The Washington Monthly about home-visitation early childhood education programs. Minnesota has had similar success to that highlighted in the article over the past decade. The Washington Monthly is decidedly left-of-center, so take some of political rhetoric with a grain of salt.