Here are a few highlights from the bill:
- 1% increase on the basic formula for the 2014-2015 school year.
- Extension in eligibility for students to qualify for English Language instruction and an increase in the overall formula.
- Increase in the safe schools levy for members of intermediate school districts to levy on behalf of the intermediate school districts.
- Enhanced debt service equalization aid for school districts that have experienced a natural disaster that has affected their buildings.
- Transfer of alternative compensation revenue to the transition revenue category.
- $3.5 million to make all reduced price lunches free lunches.
One noticeable absence (at least at this point) is that there does not appear to be an expansion of the early childhood scholarship program in the bill.
Here is a link to the text of the strike-everything amendment. Do not hesitate to provide me with comments.