Monday, May 01, 2017

Error!  When I was a mere lad on the baseball field, if I committed a fielding miscue, I would always stare at my glove as if to blame it for my meager abilities on the diamond.  I would blame my calculator for not getting the conference committee E-12 target correct, but I'm afraid it was the operator who was going too fast and not checking his work.  It appears that the E-12 target for the conference committee is the $300 million proposed by the Senate and not the $256 million I stated yesterday.  That target still doesn't get us to 2% and 2% increases on the basic formula and it will be interesting to see how the money shakes out.  We will know later this afternoon when the conference committee meets and it may be that the entire bill is rolled out at that point.  Stay tuned.  In the meantime, here's a video that encapsulates my feelings about my miscue.


No comments: